Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Dream

Last night I had one of those dreams where I am doing spiritual warfare in direct confrontation with demons or the devil. I’ve had several of this type of dream over the years. Last night's dream was quite vivid, but is now beginning to fade, so I want to write it down.

I saw or found myself in a room that was full of demons. Each demon was involved in some sort of task at it’s own workstation. Two things are significant:
First, the room was very large like a large manufacturing facility. Second, the demons were not the usual monstrous shapes we tend to think of. Instead, they looked like the bodies of people with oddball differences (like an animal's head instead of a human head – things like that. The bodies were pretty much normal.) They all were very focused on their tasks.

I was walking around the room and all were ignoring me. I would walk up to one of them and take authority over it using words from my spiritual language (speaking in tongues) and they were all absolutely unresponsive. That's all there was to the dream—except that I also had the impression that something was needed to get their attention. My imagery of that is of a prophet with a staff (a Gandalf-like figure?) who plants his staff in the center of the room as a standard of light.

Interpretation and Analysis

The manufacturing facility is Butte and the demons are producing sinful things of all sorts—especially misery and vice. Over the years there have been many attempts by God's people to disrupt the enemy's production and all of those attempts have been ignored, co-opted, or squashed and the demons have continued their work uninterrupted. It will take a tremendous manifestation of God's power (the Gandalf/prophet with his staff?) to stop their work and get their attention. (One thing we need to remember is that once we have their attention we will have to be prepared to deal with this entire demonic workforce turning on us at the same time.)

One other thing – the Gandalf/prophet figure is not necessarily part of the dream. I was waking up by that time and beginning to take control of the imagery.

Note: There are different levels to which one could apply the imagery of this dream. For instance, one could see the manufacturing facility is representing America rather than limiting it to Butte.
"When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him."  
Isaiah 59:9

No comments:

Post a Comment