Sunday, March 5, 2017

Dream # 1 -- An Empty (but Full) Airplane



Fall 2010

This dream was given to me at the beginning of our meetings with Living Water Fellowship and has special significance to that endeavor.

The Dream

I was the pilot of a small, private jet and was greeting passengers as they came up the boarding stairs.  What bothered me was that everyone getting on the plane was an angel.  There were no flesh and blood, 3-D people boarding.

Interpretation

I ran this by an apostle (from a neighboring city).  He is very gifted in dream interpretation and said the plane represented Living Water Fellowship, the church we were attempting to plant.  I was piloting because I was the pastor.  As it turned out the dream was accurate.  Most the time after we started holding regular Sunday morning services I preached to an empty room.  For a year we rented some space for the church (in a local motel) and part way through that year a local pastor shared with me how he had experienced the same thing when planting a church in a different Montana town.  He said that God had challenged him – was he willing, in obedience, to preach to an empty room?  My friend met that challenge and eventually his church plant took off.  The Holy Spirit took his words and slammed them down into my heart, so I chose to grab hold of that challenge, too.  In the dream the airplane was filled with angels and from that point on I had the sense that I was preaching to a room full of angels every Sunday morning.  It wasn’t an easy time for us, but it made something come real to me.  There are things that angels long to look into, but can’t.  By watching us – God’s images in 3D format – they see God Himself revealed.  Since that time I have meditated much on that concept and it has changed the way I look at the spiritual world and our influence in God’s creation.

 (Hmmm.……I was the music for every service, so I guess I was singing to those angels, too.  Now there’s an odd thought!   :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment